Cooking Time: 40 Minutes
1/3 cup plain flour
¼ teaspoon baking powder
1½ tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
2 egg yolks
½ ounce caster sugar
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
3¾ tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 egg whites
1 ounce caster sugar
1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
1. For cake: in a bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and cocoa powder.
2. In another bowl, add the remaining ingredients and whisk until well
3. Add the flour mixture and whisk until well combined.
4. For meringue: in a clean glass bowl, add all the ingredients and with an
electric whisker, whisk on high speed until stiff peaks form.
5. Place 1/3 of the meringue into flour mixture and with a hand whisker, whisk
6. Fold in the remaining meringue.
7. Set the temperature of air fryer to 355 degrees F.
8. Place the mixture into an ungreased chiffon pan.
9. With a piece of foil, cover the pan tightly and poke some holes using a fork.
10. Arrange the cake pan into an air fryer basket.
11. Now, set the temperature of air fryer to 320 degrees F.
12. Air fry for about 30-35 minutes.
13. Remove the piece of foil and set the temperature to 285 degrees F.
14. Air fry for another 5 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center
comes out clean.
15. Remove the cake pan from air fryer and place onto a wire rack to cool for
about 10 minutes.
16. Now, invert the cake onto wire rack to completely cool before slicing.
17. Cut the cake into desired size slices and serve.