Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 sweet peppers, seeded and sliced
1 carrot, chopped
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup cooked bacon, diced
1 ½ cups beef bone broth
20 ounces canned red kidney beans, drained
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 package (8 1/2-ounce) cornbread mix
1/2 cup milk
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Now, cook the
peppers, carrot, onion, and garlic until they have softened, about 7 minutes
2. Add the bacon and broth. Bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes more. Stir in
the kidney beans, salt and black pepper; continue to cook until everything is
3. Transfer the mixture to the lightly greased baking pan.
4. In a small bowl, combine the muffin mix, milk, and melted butter. Stir until
well mixed and spoon evenly over the bean mixture. Smooth it with a spatula
and transfer to the Air Fryer cooking basket.
5. Bake in the preheated Air Fryer at 400 degrees F for 12 minutes. Place on a
wire rack to cool slightly before slicing and serving. Bon appétit!